Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cross necklace in the works

Working on a necklace with a cross centerpiece. Paul is not sure what color the 'metal' on the cross is. The colors in the cross are brownish, gold, and like an amber.

So, I picked up some chain that looked fairly close in color according to Paul. I may use the chain in the design, I may not. Here is the cross.

And here are the possible components all laid out on my beading board and in the bowls next to it.

I just had to decide what colors to use with it as an accent. Following the advice of another beading friend, I chose white as the accent instead of red or black. So the colors are white, gold and brown. Some of the accent beads have a touch of black in there, and that is ok. It looks good how I have it laid out.



I also have a bracelet planned for it. I am still debating on whether or not to add in 2 lines of plain chain with the beaded part and have not picked out the clasps as yet. I also have not decided on the length as of this moment. I do know I will have some chain at the back to make it long enough to go around the neck. I'd like it atleast 16 inches long, and as of right now it is only 14. It will be a choker, but not a tight one. I may make it longer, up to 18 or 20 inches, not sure really yet. Will decide once I have the clasp figured out.

I will edit this post once I have it finished to show the final piece. Feel free to comment. :)

edited to add in final picture. I ended up with a necklace and earring set. Did not have enough beads for a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment