Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hearts in black and white

I got these wonderful lampwork hearts that I am currently working with. After sitting and lookign at them for a few minutes, I selected 3 that looked the same and started to lay out a design on the bead board. Here are the hearts:


The ones I grabbed were the black with white floral design. I knew I wanted to do a simple yet elegant black and white with just a few component types. So, I grabbed 2 different sizes of faux pearls, some black faceted glass beads, and then laid them out in the board. Here is what my brain came up with so far:

I also did a pair of earrings to match. I would like to use single large rings to separate the different pieces by 1 inch on the smaller pearls and 1/2 inch increments between the larger pearls and the other components. So it would be the heart and faceted black rondelle at center, then 1/2 inch over would be a large pearl. Next 1/2 inch over would be rondelle/pearl/rondelle, and next one at 1/2 inch would be a large pearl and so on until I run out of large pearls. Then would be 1 inch between the rondelle/pearl/rondelle pieces, and a chain to the back.

I am using silver findings, and would like to find either a heart or simple round toggle style clasp for the back closure. So that is what I have so far on this set, and will update as it comes along more.

Here we have the pieces with the chain. I will be adding in a clasp once I find one I like.

The wonderful item it is hanging on is called a chain sta. I purchased mine at artbeads.com. It helps to hold chain still and straight when doing charm work. I use it for photography too. :) All it really is, is 2 clamps set atop poles at a certain width. I will probably add some more chain before the clasp, and that will make this about 20 inches long. So not a choker.

No comments:

Post a Comment